Thursday, April 8, 2010

My Mantels

I LOVE decorating mantels. While I don't care for my corner frustration in the living room; I have enjoyed the challenge in practicing design tricks. I have loved my family room mantel.

Here is my corner mantel in the living room:



Pictures of my kiddos and some touches of spring. All of the milk glass and white pottery was purchased at Goodwill for around $8. I cleaned it up and onto the mantel it went. The flowers and branches were used in my wedding almost 4 years ago and the basket was from a baby shower.

The Family Room Mantel:



This mantel was originally on a different wall, up way too high, and white (when we moved in). It was painted green when I decided that the family room would be my black and white room with apple green accents. I found the empty frame at a garage sale for a $1 and painted it black. The white chalkboard is the Lettered Cottage inspired one that I made here. You can't really tell, but I wrote the word "grace" in several languages. The pictures, shots from Europe, were taken by my sister in law. She has such a good eye! This mantel is a favorite of mine to decorate and gets switched up quite a bit!

Enjoy.

I'll be linking up to:

Nesting Place

and

1 comment:

  1. Love the milk glass on the corner mantel and the clock on the green mantel. They both look great..

    :) Michelle

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Bananas and Damask Interiors! I'm so glad you have stopped by and very thankful you are choosing to leave a comment. I appreciate feedback and love to answer any questions!

I hope you have a new idea to put to use or a new inspiration for your home after joining me today. My desire is to encourage you with realistic ideas that can be achieved with any budget or home.

So go...be inspired by real living in sophisticated settings!