Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Silent Night...

This is the playroom at night. The kiddos and the toys are all put to bed and the colored lights twinkle. I chose to decorate with festive colors and non-breakable ornaments to keep the fun up and the stress down! The kids got to be a part of the decorating since this is mostly their space.



You may notice my "mantel" is not really. However, in a rental home, you do not always choose the foundations of your home. We love the rental home we are in, but I no longer have a mantel. Thus, a shelf is a great option when your decorating needs call for a mantel. This particular model is the Lack Shelf from Ikea. When decorating a fun space, it is often easier and cheaper to save items to use for later decoration. The nesting boxes were from a chocolate company that wrapped chocolates came in one year. The candy was wrapped, so the nesting boxes were ready to use! The ornament wreath was a DIY project with balls from the dollar tree. My point being that decorations, especially in the holidays do not have to be difficult or expensive. A little creativity will save your self...stress and money!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to Bananas and Damask Interiors! I'm so glad you have stopped by and very thankful you are choosing to leave a comment. I appreciate feedback and love to answer any questions!

I hope you have a new idea to put to use or a new inspiration for your home after joining me today. My desire is to encourage you with realistic ideas that can be achieved with any budget or home.

So go...be inspired by real living in sophisticated settings!