Sunday, March 28, 2010

Saturday Project

Yesterday, we did head out to Bring Recycling, as a family. We "found some treasures," but that project will have to wait for another day. I do not have all the pieces yet, and if I'm really trying to reproduce something for cheap...I have to be patient!

Seeing as that would have to wait, I took a trip over to G.W. (Goodwill) during nap time. I found these pictures


.

Special, I know...but if you are going to change an item completely, it's best if it's hideous, I mean special, beforehand. It just makes for better pictures that way! These 2 pictures were the perfect size frames and they were an additional 25% off their already cheap price!

Now, to the project. I was on Layla's (The Lettered Cottage) blog the other day, and was super inspired by her double-framed chalkboard. Check it out here. I had to make one of my own.

I'm in love with my outcome!




I gutted the frames.
Put a piece of plywood in the large frame.
Painted a square of chalkboard paint and topped it with the smaller frame that is raised.
I sanded the edges to "age" it.
Now, it's going to wait 3 days (per the paint instructions) to be seasoned with chalk and used!! Which means, I have 3 days to find the perfect spot for it because it wasn't just an inch too big to be on my mantel, like I originally intended...no, I would not do that!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend. Look for some fun Dollar Tree transformations to come later this week!

I will link this to:



and



and

1 comment:

  1. This is too cool! If I ever find the right frames I might have to give it a try...thanks!

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Bananas and Damask Interiors! I'm so glad you have stopped by and very thankful you are choosing to leave a comment. I appreciate feedback and love to answer any questions!

I hope you have a new idea to put to use or a new inspiration for your home after joining me today. My desire is to encourage you with realistic ideas that can be achieved with any budget or home.

So go...be inspired by real living in sophisticated settings!