Friday, March 26, 2010
Your Outdoor Space
Now is the time to begin planning. What do you desire as the days get longer and the temperature gauge rises? I love being outside and the designer in me loves having another space open up to decorate!
5 Tips to Building an Outdoor Living Room
1. Define your environment. This can be accomplished by creating an "opening" with plants or simply laying down a rug to define the area you are working with.
2. Do not substitute plush/beauty for practicality. You can have both. Now days, you can find beautiful design and prints for your fabrics and accessories in outdoor materials or paint. You can have beautiful cushions and accessories outside without fearing their demise.
3. Don't forget lighting. Just like indoors, lighting is a necessity to enjoy the space for any length of time and it also provides intimacy and ambiance. There are a variety of options for your outdoor space from candles to lamps to hanging sconces, chandeliers, and lanterns.
4. Set the style. From your accessories to your "tablescaping," you will want to coordinate your style for a complete setting. Don't forget to set your table or bar for a finished look.
5. Use Your resources. Make it easy and decorate with your surroundings. Enjoy the foliage in season. Collect a unique array of vases to display your flowers and greenery that is in bloom. It will warm your space with a readiness for any upcoming event.